August 12, 2011

tortellini pasta salad

I think I've mentioned that my sister-in-law, Darin (who is practically perfect in every way), is a fantastic cook. I think all the women in my family cook well but Darin's recipes are always, always a hit. For example, once we tried Darin's Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette every Sunday dinner salad had this dressing on it.
David is an avid fan of pasta salad so for his birthday I made this along with grilled shrimp and steak with mushroom sauce. It was delicious!

Salad:
1 large package of fresh cheese tortellini
1 head broccoli, cut into small pieces
2 cans of olives, sliced
1 red bell pepper, julienned
2 jars marinated artichoke hearts, diced
Dressing:
1 cup canola oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons dried parsley

Blend together (I use my Magic Bullet) until emulsified.

10 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm going to have to make this! And I agree, Darin is a pretty awesome lady! ;) But so are you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously though, darin really is ppiew. i love her! and i have a feeling i'm going to love this. must make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I will be adding it to my food board on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering the same thing...do you cook the tortellini?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, found this recipe on pinterest, and just thought I would let you know I have already made this 4 or 5 times! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made this salad three times now, and have whipped up the dressing on an additional three occasions. I simply love this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY! And thanks for sharing- I have some tortellini in my fridge that I was wondering what to do with! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do u cook the tortellini? I can only buy frozen here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh does not need to be cooked.'

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to eliminate spammers and internet bullies.