June 23, 2015

Olympic Peninsula: Day Two

The next morning, Louisa woke up at 6 a.m. and since I didn't want to wake anyone else up, I threw on my running shoes and put her in the stroller while I went for a little run. As tired as I was, I am really glad that she got me up and out so early in the morning. It was one of those memories that I'll never forget. It felt amazing to be outside in nature with no one around (except for the other stray jogger) and just be alone with my thoughts out in the most beautiful setting. Louisa fell asleep and it was just perfectly peaceful. n
Once everyone else woke up and we had breakfast, we went on a hike to Marymere Falls. It was a gorgeous day and had a beautiful reward at the top! It was just the right amount of hiking for the boys and had a really fun bridge that we had to cross. Everyone thought it was pretty cool. I love wearing Louisa in my Ergo carrier on hikes like these. She always falls asleep and it's just so sweet to have a little baby against your chest - especially one who doesn't particularly enjoy snuggling.

I love my little family!
This is the front porch of the lodge. It was just so charming with the patriotic bunting and patio furniture with views of the lake. I wanted to sit there all day long with a good book! That afternoon, we rented a canoe and rode out on the lake to get a better view. It was gorgeous and I haven't been on a canoe in a long time so that was exciting!
Then we hopped in the car and drove to the coast but I'll blog about that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to eliminate spammers and internet bullies.