February 27, 2015

[house] owning it

The most exciting news of 2015 so far is that... we bought a house! We closed on it yesterday and I am so happy! This whole home buying process has been a WILD ride and one that I don't look forward to experiencing again... at least not soon! Anyway, we feel really good about this house and the location - cause isn't that what it's all about? It's a fixer-upper, for sure, but we are excited for all the possibilities that are before us. David already spent the evening at the house, ripping off wallpaper, cutting through some drywall and laying down the plastic to prepare for some work this weekend. I hope you're all up for some before and after pictures and posts, cause they're coming! :) Eeee! We are home owners! It's like we're adults now! Ha!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! We are soooo excited. There's a HUGE laundry list of things to do but it'll be fun.

      Delete
  2. That is exciting news. Congratulations!!!
    Good luck with making your house your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It IS exciting! :) I couldn't sleep for weeks leading up to the day we closed. Ha!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I can't wait to share them with you all too! :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats!! Yes, I love before and after photos. Can't wait to see it.

    (best wallpaper remover DIF ~ I had several layers of wallpaper/paint/wallpaper/paint, etc.... it works great!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect - thanks! I'll have to check that out. Our wallpaper is this awesome brown/yellow motif circa 1976. Haha!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much everyone! We are so excited! And, you better believe I'll be sharing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It's always neat and exciting to me to see the ways that people remodel their homes. Part of that is because I have no skills in that way at all, so it just seems superhuman and magical to me for something to go from dumpy to fabulous. You guys will have the cutest house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I also love seeing other remodels - it's one of my life's greatest pleasures!! We're hoping we can do this before we go broke, crazy or dead.

      Delete
  8. I hope that's not your actual key: https://keysduplicated.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Bruce. We changed the locks. :) Thanks for your concern.

      Delete
  9. Congrats you guys!!
    Cannot wait to sed your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Check back here and I'll try to post more updates on our projects as quickly as I can.

      Delete

Comments are moderated to eliminate spammers and internet bullies.