October 13, 2014

hello fall: kelsey creek farm

A couple of years ago, my sister-in-law, Leone, took me to Kelsey Creek Farm when we came to Seattle to visit. I thought it was so charming and cute and was jealous that she had something like this so close to her. I smile as I go back and read that post when I was dreaming of living here and - voila! Here we are! :) Anyway, I saw some signs on the way home from the store the other day for a Fall Festival at Kelsey Creek Farm on Saturday and knew we had to go! It was free and Saturday was a (mostly) sunny day with that delicious fall crispiness in the air. We put on our rain boots and headed over to the farm.
We petted cows, goats, bunnies and chickens. There was a scarecrow maze, pumpkin patch, big slides, a concert with live music, cotton candy machines and a wagon ride pulled by these awesome vintage tractors that David loved. Just as we were finishing up, we noticed some enormous black rain clouds heading our way so we decided to head back to the car. On the way, we got caught in our first Seattle rain storm! David and Fritz ran to get the car while William stayed with me and Louisa in the stroller as we took shelter under a huge tree. Then we went home, got into our jammies and relaxed for the rest of the day. I am loving living here!

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine your day because we have Country Fairs here in England that are very similar. Everytime I go to one, I wish my grandchildren were here to enjoy it. I'm glad to see you are doing the same in Seattle! Love you all. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to eliminate spammers and internet bullies.