March 24, 2014

spring break in san diego

We got back last night from a magical week in San Diego for Spring Break. David serves with the Venturing Scouts as one of the scout masters and their troop has been planning a big scuba diving trip in San Diego for a few months. I decided to tag along on the drive and play with our friends for a few days. It was so great and I cried a few tears (per usual) when we drove into the city. I miss that city so much.

First, we went to the beach with some friends and it was one of the best "beach days" I've ever had in San Diego. It was sunny and warm and I couldn't believe how nice and warm the water was, with hardly any seaweed! It was so fun to sit and talk to my friends and breathe perfectly fresh air. Fritz particularly loved the water. He didn't want to ever get out and screamed and laughed hysterically the whole time. The waves washed over him several times and he got right back up and kept going. That boy is just like his dad!
The next day, we met some friends at the San Diego Zoo. I've been to that zoo probably 70 times and it never gets old. I love it and so do my kids. My annual pass expires in June but it's such a good deal, and such a great zoo, that I'm considering renewing even though we won't visit as often as we did last summer.
That night we went to D Bar with friends and had dinner/dessert for several hours. They finally kicked us out at midnight as they were closing. We had so much fun talking and laughing. I love my friends - it felt like therapy to laugh so hard that my big, pregnant belly hurt! There's something incredibly relieving about busting up. So glad that I have friends in my life who make me laugh like that!

On Friday morning, I picked up David from the camp site and we dropped off the boys with David's family for the weekend while he had a wonderful baby moon. I'll blog about it tomorrow cause I am too tired right now... good sign that we had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your blog for awhile and used your San Diego guide this last week for my husband's spring break. I just had to comment because we were at the beach and the zoo on the same days you were! How funny. Thanks for the great tips by the way. I really want to move to San Diego...specifically to Coronado Island please! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to eliminate spammers and internet bullies.