January 23, 2013

tacos of the sea

Last week I met David for a mini lunch date. He had been telling me about this awesome taco shop close to his work in National City which is close to the border so there are obviously lots of good options around there. I came straight from the gym and was without makeup, sweaty hair and in my gym clothes but it's all good. Luckily I have a husband who prefers the "au natural" look anyway. :)
Let me just tell you that these tacos were epic. Like, truly, the best fish tacos of my life. I had worked my tail off at a spinning class that morning so I didn't feel bad eating three whole tacos (in my defense, they are small) - I got one shrimp, smoked tuna and cheese taco, one shrimp and red pepper taco and one original Ensanada fish taco. They were all amazing. I can't wait to go back! I definitely have a new favorite restaurant to add to my list!

3 comments:

  1. Best seafood tacos in all of San Diego (maybe the world, I'm just saying it's worth a visit)! Everything I have had here has been AMAZING (from the soup and oysters to the many different types of tacos)! If you have an idea of a taco, they will make it for you (custom order). It's a little tiny place and is perfect for smaller groups. I may go today for lunch actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how tiny you are!!! You look great.

    Tacos look good too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree with you more. Jimmy Hulas's has the best fish tacos!!! I also had the best blueberry mojito there recently as well. What's not to like??? Happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to eliminate spammers and internet bullies.