January 25, 2013

roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic, pine nuts + parmesan

The other day I saw some delicious looking Brussels sprouts at the store that I just had to buy. They were literally calling my name and begging me to take them home. So, I obliged. Then I went home and roasted them in balsamic vinegar, stirred in some toasted pine nuts and sprinkled them with fairy dust . . . I mean, Parmesan (same thing). It was perfection and if you've been telling yourself that you don't like Brussels sprouts - I dare you to try these and say that to my face. 
From Kalyn's Kitchen
1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and quartered
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar (I used a nice barrel-aged kind that I swear makes a difference)
1 Tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Trim Brussels sprouts and remove any leaves that are wilted or brown. Mix sprouts with olive and vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread Brussels sprouts evenly on a cookie sheet. Roast for 20 minutes until tender and slightly crispy.

Heat a pan over medium heat and toast pine nuts, tossing occasionally to prevent burning, for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a small bowl and set aside. When sprouts are done cooking, arrange in a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan and pine nuts. Serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. Wowie!! That looks amazeballs!!! Please please make this at our next fun event. Totally drooling over here! Nom.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to eliminate spammers and internet bullies.