|last year at the ranch - William was so little!|
- swinging on the front porch during a rain storm.
- quad rides.
- decent naps and sleeping in even with no blackout curtains and 9-year-old boys running up and down the stairs at the crack of summer dawn.
- many games of Take Two, Red Vines eating and book reading in the afternoon.
- craft and sewing time with my sisters.
- eating the harvest (swiss chard, corn, squash and so much more!)
- a classic family variety show.
- a roaring bonfire up on the hill with singing and guitar playing.
- the grand finale: the family-famous firework show with Jay's movie-theme soundtrack blaring.
From the ranch, I'm going to our family cabin in Arizona for a few days with my dear, dear friend and cousin, Erin, and then to David's family cabin (ironically just 10 minutes from my family's cabin - all these years!) for a few more days. We've had a busy year with traveling and guests and we only have a few weeks of normalcy until we're back at it again before the holidays! No matter - it's going to be fun!
I'll try to post a bit while I'm gone but I make no promises.