Tuesday, October 05, 2010

linen closet shopping

I guess you could say I'm a linen hoarder because when I see a pretty duvet cover, decorative Euro shams or an Egyptian cotton sheet set for a fantastic price I have a really hard time not buying it to store in my linen closet. Before David and I got married I had several bed linens, tablecloths and cloth napkins. I take after my mother, I guess, who has an entire walk-in closet full!
It's amazing how much the feel of our bedroom changed when I swapped our plain white duvet cover for this aviary one that I got on super sale at Anthropologie a few months ago (+ a gift card = score!). Then I flipped my pillows and tied back my curtains and had an entirely new room! It feels a bit "Springy" for Autumn, but doesn't the gold remind you of Autumn leaves?

8 comments :

  1. I love that duvet cover, it looks great! <3 Anthropologie <3 I think that the navy and gold evens it out and makes it look like autumn. I can't wait to switch out my bedding for the new season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really pretty! I think it has a rich look for fall rather than a light, airy spring look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Liz! You certainly have a flair for decorating and you give me courage to shop in places I wouldn't think to shop (thrift stores, IKEA, etc.).

    I need to help my son move into an apartment next year and he has nothing and a limited budget. So the challenge begins--with your inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buying new bedding is definitely my addiction as well. Something about a new duvet makes everything seem right with the world.

    You have inspired me to do a switch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful! Wish I had a husband who was up for seasonal decor changes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this. I need you to have talk with my husband about the wisdom of hoarding linens.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated by me to eliminate spammers and those who never learned the lesson most fervently taught by Thumper's father.