July 2, 2010

debonair dad-wear

My sister made my dad this apron for Father's Day and I think it's so clever and funny. When he put it on to peel potatoes for Sunday dinner, I started cracking up.

BUT THEN, the best part of my Sunday was when my mom and I were chatting on the living room sofa and my dad passes through into the kitchen wearing a button-up shirt, khaki cargo shorts, knee length black socks and plaid slippers. My mom and I were rolling on the floor while my dad tried to defend himself with, "I didn't want to get my church clothes dirty." I begged him to allow me to take a picture but he wouldn't have it. So you'll just have to imagine how funny it was.

P.S. Have a wonderful Independence Day all you fellow Americans! We'll be celebrating at the Big Bay Boom with David's family and some friends. I love the 4th of July in San Diego!

1 comment:

  1. What's up with the comment above?? Anyway, you are much nicer than me! My dad comes out wearing the same kind of things like stonewash jeans from the 80's with high socks and crocks on... but I got a picture... and blogged about it too! ha ha! Steve said I was really mean but my dad should have known he was going to get made fun of if he wore something like that in front of me!

    I'm so jealous of you right now-- I want to be in San Diego SO BAD for the 4th of July! It is seriously the BEST!!! Have a happy 4th Liz! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to eliminate spammers and internet bullies.